Saturday, July 18, 2009

Spinning




It's been a while since I first stated this blog. I meant to update it weekly or every other week but my life is so busy and I have since discovered facebook. A few years ago I had another blog which I was pretty regular with but other things started taking up more of my time. Regardless, I am back and crafting more than ever! I recently bought an Ashford Spinning Wheel, and I have to say I LOVE it! I have been tossing the idea around the last year or so about one and started looking on craigslist off and on. I found this one is Portland for 150.00! She, I am gonna name her "Stella" because why not name inanimate objects, came with four bobbins, a lazy Kate, 2 old carders, I don't think they are still usable, they look rusted and a small bag of wool which I think I will throw out. It looks really old and kind of grosses me out a bit. Besides, my friend Jen gave me some wool roving when she loaned me a drop spindle and a few books. Well after a few days of reading, watching numerous youtube videos and jumping right in, I managed to spin a few spools. They aren't perfect by any means and the drafting process is a challenge for me but it is so much fun! I can see how it can be so relaxing. It is also a great craft to do at night. I can sit with the family in the living room instead of my room where I have my mini craft studio. Besides when Darrell stays over he goes to be so early and I am banned frrm my own room to craft. Well not really banned, it is just that he crashes early and I am definetly nocturnal. I don't think it would be nice to have my crap laying all over the bed while he is trying to sleep! So, here are a few photos of my wheel, they are great and I would definetly recomend them!

No comments:

Post a Comment