Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Spinning and gardening







My gardening is coming along alot slower than my spinning adventure. After living on the mountain for so many years I put in my first vegetable garden in May. It is coming along very slow, but steady? Seriously, my zuchini plant only produced one and that was a few weeks ago! Strange, must be the altitude or something. I was able to pick some grape tomatoes which turned out huge but not much else is ready. The herbs are doing great, I cut a bunch of oregono and having it drying in my kitchen. I am not sure if I will do it again next year, I'll just have to think about it.

On the other hand I am having a blast spinning with my Ashford! I am getting better and better I just have to keep my eye on the twist and not let it get too tight. I have not tried plying yet but I think I will give it a go this weekend. I watched a video on youtube the other day of a girl spinning a fancy yarn and she was adding in bits of material, lace, ribbon, etc and it looked so great. I would love to try something like that with some glitter/shiny thread or ribbon. I am also wanting to try some dyeing to produce some real one of a kind yarn. Someday....I'll get to it. For now on the home front I am trying to condition the kids into getting ready for school. They have about two and a half weeks and they will be hitting the books. They won't admit it but I think they are ready! Oh, and the Clackamas County Fair in Canby is going on this weekend. Darrell and I will take the kids so they can ride the rides and watch the demolition derby and motorcycle jumps. I am going to go and sneak into the exhibits to see the knitting/looming goodies, hopefully I find some and I am sure I will find something to buy from the vendors, my favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment