Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to School!








The boys are officially back to school as of today! It went wonderful without a hitch! Tomorrow my "high schooler" starts his junior year, I don't know where the time has gone! I have to admit I have three great kids! I love my boys dearly and couldn't have asked for more :) So, in between getting ready for school and working I have been spinning and dyeing plus I got to use a friends drum carder and blended my own first batt. I loved it, I can definetely see one in my future if I win the lottery! The following photos are the batt, and the roving I dyed. I spun up the purple and white one it is on the bobbin. I used Grape Kool aide and it smelled good too! Tomorrow I am heading over to a friends house to check out some new fiber she got in and either order some more or pick some up, probably both :) She has been a great help to me and I am grateful, so Jen if your reading this, "Thanks" and I am gonna owe you! I can help you with your sewing machine. I am not a seamstress but I can get you started with the basics. I love mine although I haven't used it in a year or so. The last project was the boys curtains for our new place. I have also posted a photo of the boys on their first day. We were so excited I forgot to take the "before" picture so here is the "after". Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment